Friday, April 22, 2011

How Long Will An Open Bottle Of Glenlivet Last?

De la joie de vivre, processions and other naive

No, not the Christ of Rio de Janeiro
About Holy Week processions in a week, clusters of palm and forced fasting (in spirits, meat rather than red), because the real fast no one believes.

probably in Seville, the devotees and bearers (including celebrities) are well prepared to carry the heavy urns of the brotherhoods have never seen such devotion as the Seville. Here, the bearers have invented a pompous name: "Knights of the Holy Sepulchre" have to see how seriously they take, including an acquaintance of mine.

local Archbishop (now old man), followed by his congregation has taken the walk to the Cerro San Pedro, proposed site of the Cristo de la Concordia, giant mole concrete which monitors the city of Cochabamba. On the other hand, there are those who choose it as penance up the thousand and one steps that can be opened (each named after a donor) of the same hill. Are seen as gourmets the "cochalas" a bit of exercise will come from manual including gym and blessing.

Madrid is raining and it is business as usual, I think. I had never seen the Madrid players, celebrate with so much euphoria, consciously or not that they missed the league and probably in anticipation that they will not win the tenth "romaine" have been intoxicated with emotion Cup king, then, no lie, this "dance I removed it."

For me, I danced it removed, but the hangover from the last wedding I went to last me a thousand hours and, because I have to confess that I like weddings, while not the mine, of course. Yes, she looks at me disapprovingly and just shrug my shoulders and I stand to say " Just kiss and say goodbye " , as the song that's Manhattans.

Here, stands the sky azulĂ­simo the emerging winter. This is the time of the best fruit from South American winter: oranges, tangerines, limes, avocados, custard apples. I tried English avocados but not equal to the Americans, not nearly ... yes, English orange is much higher.


already made me a supply of avocados, the largest and most luscious I've ever seen. One of these days, there will be time to try at home tacos with scrambled eggs and guacamole beef seasoned with a touch of cilantro, ah how I feel Pavlovian dog! to feel the spirit of this grass.

The impromptu photo of still life that is on my desk. The good news is that I've eaten all by myself. Have you tried the breakfast, freshly squeezed orange juice, diced avocado, cheese and toast with a very red Coffee and dessert a few mandarin fragrance?. Ah priceless! ... What else I can say to cure the boredom of a long holiday? ... Bon appetit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment